Thin and crispy no-rise homemade pizza crust with your choice of toppings. It’s a family favorite that makes two medium-sized pizzas. This is a pizza dough with active dry yeast.
This pizza crust is a family favorite.
It’s not as thin as a Pizza Hut thin crust, but it’s not as thick as their pan crust. It’s a happy middle of the road crust with some crunch!
Ingredients for Crispy No-Rise Pizza Crust
- All-Purpose Flour
- Warm Water
- Vegetable Oil
- Active Dry Yeast
- Prego Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Chopped Basil
- Ground Italian Sausage
How to Make Crispy Homemade Pizza Crust
The dough itself is rather dry and tough. This is normal for this particular crust. It helps to knead it and gain some elasticity after you remove it from the mixer.
Separate the dough into two equal balls.
You can roll out your dough by placing it on a lightly floured surface, or by placing it between two pieces of parchment paper. You want your dough to be 1/4″ thick.
I like imperfect jagged edges for my dough instead of a perfect circle or square pizza.
At this point, you will want to pierce your dough all over with a fork or dough docker, but do not go all the way through your dough.
Place the dough in the oven at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 minutes to get your crust a little crunchy before placing your toppings.
Once the crust has baked for 4 minutes you will add your pizza sauce, pizza toppings like pepperoni, sausage, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, or what ever your heart desires. Follow that with a topping of cheese – shredded mozzarella and cheddar are my go-to’s. That’s what is placed on my pizza below.
What pizza toppings are there?
Meat lovers: Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Ground Italian Sausage
Veggie lovers: Black olives, Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Onion, Jalapenos
Hawaiian: Canadian Bacon and Pineapple
Spinach: Alfredo Sauce (in place of pizza sauce), Baby Spinach, Garlic, Mushrooms, Mozzarella
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Kraft’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Frittas
- Meatloaf Marsala
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos
- One-Pan Chicken Parmesan and Penne
- Pepperoni and Cheese Pizza Roll-Ups
- Four-Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prego Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Chopped Basil
- Pepperoni or Cooked Ground Italian Sausage
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a mixing bowl, add warm water, yeast, sugar, and salt and mix until dissolved.
- With dough hook attachment on the mixer on low speed, add flour, allowing to mix carefully. The dough will be somewhat dry in texture. Remove from bowl and knead the dough by hand on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into two equal balls. Taking one ball, lay it between two layers of parchment paper and roll flat with a rolling pin until it is 1/4" thick with the desired shape (depending on using a square or circle pan.) Repeat this with the second ball of dough.
- Place each rolled, flat dough on pans with parchment paper. Use a fork, or dough docker, to pierce the dough. This will prevent the crust from bubbling. Bake crusts for 4 minutes.
- Remove crusts from the oven and add your choice of pizza sauce, toppings, and cheese to the pizza crust. Return pans to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 547Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 63mgSodium 1037mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 25g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.