Cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo with spicy chicken strips served over top of sautéed garlic, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and fettuccine pasta with a creamy yet cheesy Cajun sauce.
Cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo is a spicier version of fettuccine alfredo packed with flavor! There are also has small grape tomatoes and mushrooms to get some tasty sauteed vegetables in there!
Not only is the chicken seasoned with Cajun spices, but so is the creamy yet cheesy sauce.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta Ingredients:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- Cajun seasoning – I really like Cajun’s Choice Blackened Seasoning
- Fettuccine Noodles
- All-Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil
- Grape Tomatoes (can be substituted with cherry tomatoes, which are slightly bigger and sweeter)
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chicken Broth
- White Wine – Moscato works great!
- Parmesan cheese
Optionally, you may also need a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water to thicken the sauce.
Other items needed to complete this meal:
- Meat Tenderizer/Mallet
However, if you’re creative you can find all kinds of things to replace a mallet. For instance, a rolling pin or cutting board are great ways to quickly tenderize meat.
- Plastic Wrap/Saran Wrap. This is to keep the meat juices from flying while you tenderize them.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Tenderize chicken breasts with a mallet. Mix together all-purpose flour with 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Dredge each chicken breast and shake off excess flour.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, pan-fry chicken breasts for 2-4 minutes per side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Set the chicken on a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions, and then strain water.
- While the noodles cook, use the same large pan the chicken cooked in and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add grape tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, and then add minced garlic to cook for 30-60 seconds more, or until fragrant.
- Pour white wine, chicken broth, and heavy whipping cream into the pan and stir. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- If the sauce has not thickened, mix together 1 tablespoon cornstarch to 2 tablespoons water and add it to the sauce over a simmer. Be sure to stir continuously as it thickens quickly.
- Add the noodles to the pan and toss to coat. Serve Cajun chicken strips over fettuccine.
Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo pairs great with:
- Sauteed Broccoli with Garlic
- Caesar Salad
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Homemade Ratatouille
- Garlic Bread
And don’t forget the bottle of wine!
Try these other delicious Italian recipes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Crispy Homemade Pizza
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta (Olive Garden Copycat Recipe)
- Meatloaf Marsala
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos (Copycat Recipe)
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp in Creamy Garlic Wine Sauce