Cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo with spicy chicken strips served over top of sautéed garlic, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and fettuccine pasta with a creamy yet cheesy Cajun sauce.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo is a spicier version of fettuccine alfredo packed with flavor!
There are also small grape tomatoes and mushrooms to get some tasty sauteed vegetables in there!
Not only is the chicken seasoned with Cajun spices, but so is the creamy yet cheesy sauce.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta Ingredients:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- Cajun seasoning – I really like Cajun’s Choice Blackened Seasoning
- Fettuccine Noodles
- All-Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil
- Grape Tomatoes (can be substituted with cherry tomatoes, which are slightly bigger and sweeter)
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chicken Broth
- White Wine – Moscato works great!
- Parmesan cheese
Optionally, you may also need a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water to thicken the sauce.
Other items needed to complete this meal:
- Meat Tenderizer/Mallet
However, if you’re creative you can find all kinds of things to replace a mallet. For instance, a rolling pin or cutting board are great ways to quickly tenderize meat.
- Plastic Wrap/Saran Wrap. This is to keep the meat juices from flying while you tenderize them.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Tenderize chicken breasts with a mallet and mix together all-purpose flour with 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Dredge each chicken breast and shake off excess flour.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, pan-fry chicken breasts for 2-4 minutes per side until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Set the chicken on a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions, and then strain water.
- While the noodles cook, use the same large pan the chicken cooked in and melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add grape tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, and then add minced garlic to cook for 30-60 seconds more, or until fragrant.
- Pour white wine, chicken broth, and heavy whipping cream into the pan and stir. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- If the sauce has not thickened, mix together 1 tablespoon cornstarch to 2 tablespoons water and add it to the sauce over a simmer. Be sure to stir continuously as it thickens quickly.
- Add the noodles to the pan and toss to coat. Serve Cajun chicken strips over fettuccine.
Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo pairs great with:
- Sauteed Broccoli with Garlic
- Breadcrumb Caesar Salad
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Homemade Ratatouille
- Garlic Bread
And don’t forget the bottle of wine!
Try these other delicious Italian recipes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Crispy Homemade Pizza Crust
- Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- Four-Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
- Marsala Wine Sauce with Mushrooms
- Meatloaf Marsala
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos (Copycat Recipe)
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp in Creamy Garlic Wine Sauce
Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 16 oz Fettuccine
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- ½ cup Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half (Can be substituted with cherry tomatoes, which are slightly bigger and sweeter)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup White Wine – Moscato works great!
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch, optional
- 2 tbsp Water, optional
- Butterfly chicken breasts. In a shallow dish, combine all-purpose flour and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Season chicken breast with salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place chicken breasts in pan and cook for 2-4 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the center. Place chicken on cutting board and slice into thin strips.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine according to package directions for al dente noodles. Place fettuccine in a strainer/colander to drain.
- While the pasta cooks, melt butter in the same large pan the chicken cooked in. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, scraping up any brown bits left from the chicken. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Add white wine, chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, and salt. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it has not thickened, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch to 2 tablespoons water and stir. Add to the sauce over high heat and stir. The sauce should thicken quickly.
- Add noodles to the sauce and stir to coat. Place seasoned chicken strips over the top of pasta.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.