This is a Cajun fettuccine alfredo recipe made with Cajun-spiced chicken strips served over top sautéed garlic, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and fettuccine pasta with a Cajun creamy sauce.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This Cajun chicken pasta recipe is a spicier version of fettuccine alfredo packed with flavor. It’s made with small grape tomatoes and mushrooms to get some tasty sauteed vegetables in there.
Not only is the chicken seasoned with Cajun spices, but so is the Cajun alfredo sauce recipe that gives it the right amount of kick.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta Ingredients
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 2 chicken breasts)
- Cajun seasoning – I really like Cajun’s Choice Blackened Seasoning or try this homemade Cajun seasoning.
- Fettuccine Noodles
- All-Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil
- Grape Tomatoes (can be substituted with cherry tomatoes, which are slightly bigger and sweeter)
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chicken Broth
- White Wine – Moscato works great!
- Parmesan cheese
Optionally, you may also need a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water to thicken the sauce.
Other items needed to complete this meal:
- Meat Tenderizer/Mallet
If you’re creative you can find all kinds of things to replace a mallet. For instance, a rolling pin, cutting board, or saute pan are great ways to quickly tenderize meat.
- Plastic Wrap/Saran Wrap. This is to keep the meat juices from flying while you tenderize them.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Tenderize chicken breasts with a mallet and mix together all-purpose flour with 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Dredge each chicken breast and shake off excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, pan-fry chicken breasts for 2-4 minutes per side until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Set the chicken on a cutting board and cut it into thin strips.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions until al dente, and then strain the water.
- While the noodles cook, use the same large pan the chicken cooked in and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Loosen up any leftover tidbits from the chicken on the bottom of the pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add grape tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, and then add minced garlic to cook for 30-60 seconds more, or until fragrant.
- Pour white wine, chicken broth, and heavy whipping cream into the pan and stir. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- If the sauce has not thickened, mix together 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water and add it to the sauce over a simmer. Be sure to stir continuously as it thickens quickly.
- Add cooked fettuccine to the pan and toss to coat. Serve Cajun chicken strips and freshly grated parmesan over the fettuccine.
This cajun chicken fettuccine recipe can also be made with andouille sausage, shrimp, penne pasta instead of fettuccine, green and red bell peppers, or chopped onions.
Store this dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days for best quality.
- Sauteed Broccoli with Garlic
- Breadcrumb Caesar Salad
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Homemade Ratatouille
- Garlic Bread
And don’t forget the bottle of wine!
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Chicken Marsala
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Four-Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
- Marsala Wine Sauce with Mushrooms
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp in Creamy Garlic Wine Sauce
Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 8 ounces Sliced Mushrooms
- ½ cup Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half (Can be substituted with cherry tomatoes, which are slightly bigger and sweeter)
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 14.5 ounce Can of Chicken Broth, about 2 cups
- ½ cup White Wine – Moscato works great!
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch, optional
- 2 tablespoons Water, optional
- Butterfly chicken breasts. In a shallow dish, combine all-purpose flour and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Season chicken breast with salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place chicken breasts in pan and cook for 2-4 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the center. Place chicken on cutting board and slice into thin strips.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine according to package directions for al dente noodles. Place fettuccine in a strainer/colander to drain.
- While the pasta cooks, melt butter in the same large pan the chicken cooked in. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, scraping up any brown bits left from the chicken. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Add white wine, chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, and salt. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If it has not thickened, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch to 2 tablespoons cold water and mix well. Add to the sauce over high heat and stir. The sauce should thicken quickly. Remove from the heat.
- Add fettuccine to the sauce and stir to coat. Place seasoned chicken strips over the top of pasta.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.