Quick and easy beef stroganoff in your Instant Pot! Tender cuts of juicy beef and mushrooms served with a savory sauce over egg noodles all cooked in one-pot. Your family will be asking for more! It’s also great as a freezer meal.
Instant Pot beef stroganoff is really easy to throw together and is a perfect one-pot meal.
It’s actually a Russian dish that has had many variations over the years. It was originally served as beef with sour cream but has evolved into a dish with mushrooms, sometimes onion and red wine, and served over noodles, potatoes, or rice.
Any way you serve it, the taste of beef stroganoff is savory, creamy, and has a zing of flavors!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Beef Stew Meat or Sirloin
- White Capped Mushrooms or Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Sour Cream
- Egg Noodles
- All-Purpose Flour
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Beef Broth
- Red Wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Optional Sauce Thickener: Cornstarch + Cold Water
Can You Freeze Beef Stroganoff?
Absolutely! Beef stroganoff can be prepared and safely stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What Sides Go With Beef Stroganoff?
- Green Beans
- Steamed Vegetables
- Garlic Bread
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Steamed Broccoli
- Herb Roasted Asparagus
Beef Stroganoff Variations
- In place of egg noodles, you can use rice or mashed potatoes.
- If you have cream of mushroom soup on hand, you can use that in place of the sour cream and fresh mushrooms. Add the soup at the end when the sour cream is meant to be added.
- Have leftover steak to use? Cut into 1″ cubes, skip the saute step and pressure cook for 5 minutes to get the beef tender with the mushrooms.
- No steak? Use ground beef in place of the sirloin.
Looking for low-carb?
Skip adding the flour to the beef and leave out the egg noodles. Instead, you can add a small diced onion to the beef and mushrooms and serve it over mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles.
Try these other great Instant Pot recipes!
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Beef Stew
- Ginger Pepper Steak
- Korean BBQ Beef Short Ribs
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- Pork Chops
- Street-Style Beef Tacos