Quick and easy beef stroganoff in your Instant Pot features tender cuts of juicy beef and mushrooms served with a savory sauce over egg noodles all cooked in one-pot.
Your family will be asking for more! It’s also great as a freezer meal (directions below.)
Instant Pot beef stroganoff is really easy to throw together and is a perfect one-pot meal.
It’s actually a Russian dish that has had many variations over the years.
It was originally served as beef with sour cream but has evolved into a dish with mushrooms, sometimes onion and red wine, and served over noodles, potatoes, or rice.
Any way you serve it, the taste of beef stroganoff is savory, creamy, and has a zing of flavors!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Beef Stew Meat or Sirloin
- White Capped Mushrooms or Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Sour Cream
- Egg Noodles
- All-Purpose Flour
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Beef Broth
- Red Wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Optional Sauce Thickener: Cornstarch + Cold Water
Can You Freeze Beef Stroganoff?
Absolutely! Beef stroganoff can be prepared and safely stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What Sides Go With Beef Stroganoff?
- Green Beans
- Steamed Vegetables
- Garlic Bread
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Steamed Broccoli
- Herb Roasted Asparagus
Beef Stroganoff Variations
- In place of egg noodles, you can use rice or mashed potatoes.
- If you have cream of mushroom soup on hand, you can use that in place of the sour cream and fresh mushrooms. Add the soup at the end when the sour cream is meant to be added.
- Have leftover steak to use? Cut into 1″ cubes, skip the saute step and pressure cook for 5 minutes to get the beef tender with the mushrooms.
- No steak? Use ground beef in place of the sirloin.
Looking for low-carb?
Skip adding the flour to the beef and leave out the egg noodles.
Instead, you can add a small diced onion to the beef and mushrooms and serve it over mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles.
Try these other great Instant Pot recipes!
- Apple Butter
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Beef Stew
- Chicken Cacciatore Chili
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Ginger Pepper Steak
- Korean BBQ Beef Short Ribs
- Meatball and Potato Soup
- Penne Rustica
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- Pork Chops
- Street-Style Beef Tacos
- 2 lbs Beef Stew Meat or Sirloin, cut in 1" cubes
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 oz White Capped or Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt + More for Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper + More for Seasoning
- 12 oz Egg Noodles
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, separated
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Cold Water
- Cut beef into 1" cubes. Mix flour, ground mustard powder, and garlic powder. Coat beef with flour mixture.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, begin browning beef in batches, about 2 minutes on each side. Set beef aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil and add mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and stir for 2 minutes. Add beef back to pot and pour beef broth, wine, and Worcestershire sauce. Give a quick stir, place the lid on, and close the vent. Set the Instant Pot to Meat/Stew, adjust to high heat for 12 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release by opening the vent. Be sure to wear an oven mitt while doing so to prevent burning from the steam.
- Add egg noodles to Instant Pot, replace lid with closed vent, keep on Meat/Stew setting, adjust to high for 5 minutes. Once done, carefully quick release again (don't forget the oven mitt!) Stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper. Allow the sour cream to get warm before serving.
Note: If sauce is not thickened, mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Add to Instant Pot and stir carefully to not break up the noodles.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 588Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 202mgSodium 1115mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 59g
Nutrition is not always accurate.