Oven-baked zesty Italian shrimp cooked in butter seasoned with all the delicious flavors of zesty Italian dressing from scratch. It’s all done baking in just 15 minutes and is part of the keto diet!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a baked shrimp recipe that is so tasty and the best part is it’s low-carb (just under 5 carbs!)
Not only that, but it is actually fairly versatile. It can be added to a taco, roasted vegetables, pasta, or added to a salad.
Now, this recipe obviously could be easily made with the zesty Italian dressing seasoning packets you see in the stores.
However, as I’ve mentioned in other posts, most seasoning packets contain a lot of MSG and my mother quickly gets migraines from foods containing high levels of MSG.
I try to come up with as many from-scratch recipes as I can to avoid this for her.
Oven-Baked Zesty Italian Shrimp Ingredients
- Medium-Sized Raw Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined, Tails Off
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Celery Seed
How to Make Oven-Baked Zesty Italian Shrimp
First, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Whisk in vinegar, lemon juice, and all of the seasonings.
Add the raw shrimp to the bowl and mix to coat. Spread the shrimp on a baking sheet in a single layer and pour all of the marinade in as well.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 12-15 minutes.
How to Tell if Shrimp is Cooked
Raw, uncooked shrimp is gray in color and translucent. Once they are cooked shrimp turn a peach color and are no longer see-through.
The tails also curl even more and the shrimp shrinks in size.
What to Serve Oven-Baked Zesty Italian Shrimp With
- Breadcrumb Caesar Salad
- Cacio e Pepe
- Homemade Ratatouille
- Italian Roasted Mushrooms and Veggies
- Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Kraft’s Italian Pasta Salad Copycat Recipe
- Pan-Fried Gnocchi with Spinach
- Parmesan Risotto
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Air Fryer Olive Garden Chicken Kabobs
- Double-Roux Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Easy Lobster Bisque
- Lobster Rolls
- Shrimp in Garlic Wine Sauce
Oven-Baked Zesty Italian Shrimp
- 2 lbs Medium-Sized Raw Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined, Tails Off
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Celery Seed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and all seasonings into the bowl. Add shrimp and stir.
- Place shrimp and all marinade onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until shrimp is no longer translucent.
- Serve by itself or with rice, pasta, or vegetables.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.