Tasty air fryer seasoned fries with garlic powder, smoked paprika, and grated parmesan with freshly cut parsley.
I love elevating something as simple as french fries. Add in some spices, sprinkle with Parmesan and chopped parsley and it looks like it came from a restaurant!
The best part is making these french fries with very little oil and they are still golden and crispy!
Looking for more air fryer side recipes? Try Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, or Air Fryer Broccoli.
Ingredients for Air Fryer French Fries
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Freshly Chopped Parsley
Cooking French Fries in the Air Fryer
I love my air fryer. There’s no preheating required and a LOT less oil than a deep fryer so food does not come out nearly as saturated with grease.
Avoid using aerosol sprays (like Pam) in the air fryer basket. They can ruin the nonstick finish.
It’s best to use a spray bottle of olive oil (or your choice of oil) or rub coconut oil directly into the basket.
Fries in Air Fryer Time and Temperature
Cook the french fries at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes, stirring halfway. Cooking time will vary slightly depending on the thickness of the french fry.
I tested out cooking them in a single layer vs. filling the basket with all of the fries from the recipe at once.
They cooked in a thin layer (about ¼ of the basket high) and still turned out nice and crispy!
French Fry Sauce
There are many great french fry sauces I recommend with this recipe! Some of my favorites are this healthy homemade ranch and spicy Cajun remoulade.
I made steak to go with the fries from my Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak recipe.
What goes with french fries?
- Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- Air Fryer Steak (Steak and fries are always delicious!)
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Glazed Salmon
- Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- Maid-Rites (Copycat Recipe)
- Air Fryer Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets
- Pork Schnitzel
Air Fryer French Fries
- 2-3 Russet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmesan, for topping
- Freshly Chopped Parsley, for topping
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly in water and pat dry. Peel potatoes if you prefer the skin removed. Cut potatoes lengthwise into ¼" thick pieces.
- Place fries in a medium-sized bowl and toss with olive oil. Add garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place fries in air fryer basket, set to 380 degrees, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time. Once they are done sprinkle with grated parmesan and parsley.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.
Leave a Reply