These are a classic air fryer pickles recipe made with sliced dill pickles coated in cayenne pepper, garlic, and breadcrumbs then air fried for a crunchy bite.
Fried pickles in air fryer are so tasty!
These are a tasty classic southern fried favorite, but converted into a slightly healthier option without having to deep-fat fry them in lots of oil.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Sliced Dill Pickles
- Olive Oil
- Large Eggs
- All-Purpose Flour
- Garlic Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
How to Air Fry Pickles
- Pat pickles dry with a paper towel.
- In a dish, mix together breadcrumbs and olive oil. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, mix together egg, flour, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Dip each pickle into the egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess after each coating.
- Spray air fryer basket using a non-aerosol spray bottle of oil and place breaded pickles in basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown, flipping halfway.
Do you put oil in air fryer?
No, an air fryer is not meant to have oil put into it.
Think of it as a convection oven that is blowing hot air around as it cooks food.
However, breaded foods placed in the air fryer still need a fat or oil to fry the food.
Without it, the breadcrumbs are very dry and tend to scorch instead of reaching a golden brown.
There are two great ways to add a minimal amount of fat or oil to fried foods:
- Add 2 tablespoons oil or butter to ¾ cup breadcrumbs (works with panko too) and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until it is lightly browned.
- Spray breaded food with oil using a non-aerosol oil spray bottle mentioned above.
It also helps to spray food with oil when flipping them over to avoid dryness.
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Strips
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- French Fries
- Fried Mushrooms
- Game Day Recipes
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings Copycat Recipe
- Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets
- Pork Schnitzel
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Toasted Ravioli
Air Fryer Pickles
- 24 Sliced Dill Pickles
- ¾ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Pat pickles dry. In a dish, mix together breadcrumbs and olive oil. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, mix together egg, flour, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Dip each pickle into the egg mixture, shake off any excess, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil spray and place pickles in basket. Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown, flipping halfway.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.