Classic air fryer pickles recipe made with sliced dill pickles coated in cayenne pepper, garlic, and breadcrumbs then air fried for a crunchy bite.
Fried pickles in air fryer are so tasty!
These are a tasty classic southern fried favorite, but converted into a slightly healthier option without having to deep-fat fry them in lots of oil.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Sliced Dill Pickles
- Olive Oil
- Large Eggs
- All-Purpose Flour
- Garlic Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
How to Air Fry Pickles
- Pat pickles dry with a paper towel.
- In a dish, mix together breadcrumbs and olive oil. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, mix together egg, flour, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Dip each pickle into the egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess after each coating.
- Spray air fryer basket using a non-aerosol spray bottle of oil and place breaded pickles in basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown, flipping halfway.
Do you put oil in air fryer?
No, an air fryer is not meant to have oil put into it.
Think of it as a convection oven that is blowing hot air around as it cooks food.
However, breaded foods placed in the air fryer still need a fat or oil to fry the food.
Without it, the breadcrumbs are very dry and tend to scorch instead of reaching a golden brown.
There are two great ways to add a minimal amount of fat or oil to fried foods:
- Add 2 tablespoons oil or butter to 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (works with panko too) and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until it is lightly browned.
- Spray breaded food with oil using a non-aerosol oil spray bottle mentioned above.
It also helps to spray food with oil when flipping them over to avoid dryness.
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- Baby Potatoes
- Chicken Parmesan
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- French Fries
- Fried Mushrooms
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings Copycat Recipe
- Loaded Mashed Potato Wontons
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Steak and Chicken Kabobs
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Toasted Ravioli
- 24 Sliced Dill Pickles
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- Pat pickles dry. In a dish, mix together breadcrumbs and olive oil. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, mix together egg, flour, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Dip each pickle into the egg mixture, shake off any excess, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil spray and place pickles in basket. Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown, flipping halfway.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 35Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 16mgSodium 347mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 1g
Nutrition is not always accurate.